roles and responsibilities
As a trek leader, you can be stationed at any slope at any point in time, depending on where you are stationed, the following will be your responsibilities:
- You will be the face of Himalayan Wilderness. You need to ensure that participants have a healthy trekking experience under your guidance.
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating with our transporter and making necessary vehicle arrangements for the trekkers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring equipment are in place and in good condition for the trek.
- Buying groceries, vegetables and other supplies for the trek. Managing the whole trek utilities and ensuring no loopholes in supplies.
- You will co-ordinate with guides and porters and ensure a smooth progress of the trek.
- You will guide the trek members and resolve any issues that may arise at any point in time. Educate the team about the trek.
- Take appropriate decisions during an emergency keeping the welfare of all the members in mind. The safety of the team and participants is always the first priority and your decisions will be very well judged in case of emergency.
- Co-ordinate with the HW office from the mountains.
- Conducting Awareness programmes while on trek to help participants learn about Nature conservation and ethical adventure.
- Managing store at the time when you are not on treks.
- Helping office staff to build the brand by sharing your experience and suggestions.
- Opening routes and engaging in technical assistance on the mountains if required.